martes, 28 de noviembre de 2017

ARTICLES A/AN, THE, NO ARTICLE

28 de noviembre de 2017
* CORRECTION HOMEWORK
- Fotocopias 21-11-17 
c) 1- Alex is much shorter than Joshua/ 2- Amy is a lot less confident than Amy/
    3- My house is nearer the school than yours/ 4- Andy is happier than Jude about the decision/
    5- Simon is fatter than Bill/ 6- Sara-Jane is younger than Terry/
    7- Patricia's sister is worse than Patricia on the clarinet/
    8- The houses in my grandparents' village are more beautiful than the houses here

d) 1- This really is the worst song I've ever heard!/ 2- Ivy is the kindest woman I know/
    3- I promise you, this is the funniest joke ever!/ 4- This is the tastiest soup you've made so far/
    5- What's the hardest thing about English grammar for you?/
    6- Ben appeared and he was carrying the biggest present I'd ever seen/
    7- We had a competition to see who could swim the farthest/
    8- Sandra told us the scariest ghost story she could, and it was really frightening!

e) I think this is the worst job I've ever had. My last job was much better than this one. I had a lot
    less work there and my boss was really nice. My boss here is the strictest in the whole firm, and
    the working day is longer than in my last job, too. The best thing about it is that the office is 
  closer to my house than the old one. At least now I get home earlier than I used to.

f) 1- I walk faster than him/ 2- I walk the most slowly of all/ 3- I'm the dirtiest pigeon/
   4- I'm dirtier than they are/ 5- I'm the cleanest pigeon/ 6- I ran the fastest of all/
   7- I ran faster than everyone except him/ 8- They both ran faster than me/
   9- I'm the eldest in the family/ 10- And I'm the youngest

- Extraphotocopies Pag.20. 3A Grammar comparatives and superlatives
a) 1- Cycling to work is quicker than Bill/ 2- Olga drives more carefully than Bill/
    3- My dad has less hair now than he had five years ago/
    4- Now I've tried them on, these shoes are more comfortable than I thought they were going to
        be/ 5- In this photo you look younger than your sister/
    6- Taxis are much more expensive than buses or the Underground/
    7- Anne's not as tall as Susie, but she's thinner/ 8- My phone is more modern than yours/
    9- I love riding my scooter, it's much better than driving a car/
   10- Can you say that again more slowly, please?/
   11- It's the most beautiful beach than I've ever been to/
   12- Sean's the worst actor in the group/
   13- What 's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you?/
   14- Everyone thinks their mum's cooking is the best in the world/
   15- Which sofa looks nicer do you think?/
   16- I think we should take this case. It's the biggest one that we have/
   17- It's usually hotter here in June than it is in May/
   18- Did you go the same school as your brother?/
   19- It's cheap and you can eat as much food as you like/ 20- I read much faster than my brother

* STUDENT'S BOOK. Pag. 28. 3B Stereotypes - or are they?
1- Reading & Speaking
a) 1-) I think that I 'm usually a talkative person/
    2- The person the most talkative in my family is my wife/
    2- The person the most talkative is Wyoming, the showman on the TV/
    3- I think that the women are more talkative than men/
    4- The men usually talk about sports, cars and women and
        the women usually talk about another women, clothes and children

b) 1- They wanted to investigate the stereotype that women talk more than the men/
    2- The research was made at the University of Arizona/
    3- They were made it with hundreds of university students were fitted with recorders/
    4- The women speak about 16,000 words a day and men speak only slightly fewer

d) 1- in fact/ 2- reduce/ 3- tend to/ 4- slightly/ 5- whereas/ 6- claimed / 7- according to/
    8- range from/ 9- almost/ 10- been sceptical of

2- Grammar articles: a/an, the, no article
1- A man with a dog into a bar. The man says to the barman.
    Can I have a beer and a whisky for my dog/
2- I've just read an article on the internet about how eating -- strawberries makes you look younger/
3- Because we never go out to -- dinner or to the cinema anymore/
4- Did you watch the match -- last night?
    I can't believe that the referee didn't see that it was a penalty

* STUDENT'S BOOK. Pag. 137. 3B articles: a/an, the, no article
+ a/an
   - Usamos a/an con sustantivos singulares contables:
      1- la primera vez que mencionamos a una persona o cosa. Ej I saw an old man with a dog
      2- Cuando decimos que algo es o la profesión de alguien. EJ: It's a nice houes. She's a lawyer
      3- En exclamciones con What!. Ej: What an awful day!
      4- En expresiones de frecuencia. Ej: I have classes three times a week

+ the
   - Usamos "the" con:
     1- Cuando hablamos acerca de alguna cosa que acabamos de mencionar
         Ej: I saw an old man with a dog. The dog was barking
     2- Cuando esta claro a lo que nos estamos refiriendo. Ej: My father opened the door
     3- Cuando hay solamente una cosa. Ej: The moon goes around the Earth
     4- Con sitios o lugares en una ciudad. Ej: I'm going to the cinema tonight
     5- Con adjetivos o adverbios superlativos. Ej: It's the best restaurant in towm

+ Sin artículo
   - No usamos ningun artículo con:
     1- Cuando hablamos de algo en general (con sustantivos plurales y sustantivos uncountable)
          Ej: Women usually talk more than men  /  Love is more important than money
     2- Con algunos sustantivos (casa, trabajo, escuela, iglesia) después de at/ to/ from
         Ej: She's not at home today  / I get from work at 5.30
     3- Antes de referirnos a  comidas, días y meses. Ej: I never have breakfast
     4- Antes de next/ last + day/ week, etc...Ej: See you next Friday

a) 1- Jess is a nurse in a hospital. The hospital is a long way from her house/
    2- What a horrible day! We'll have to eat our picnic in the car/
    3- My wife likes love stories, but I prefer was films/ 4- We go to the theatre about once a month/
    5- I'm having dinner with some friends next Friday/
    6- My boyfriend is a chef. I think he's the best cook in the world/
    7- I'm not sure if I closed the windows before I left home this morning/
    8- In general, I like dogs, but I don't the dogs that live next door to me/
    9- I got to school late every day last week/ 10- I think happiness is more important than success

* VOCABULARY
success= éxito/ wilde= amplio, extenso/ in charge of= al cargo de/ range from= abarca desde/
been sceptical of= ser escéptico de/ common belief= creencia común/ to swap= intercambiar
claimed= afirmado, reinvidicado/ gossip= cotilleo/ carried out= llevar a cabo/ up to= hasta/
almost everything= casi todo/ tend to= tender a/ subject= tema/ chat= charlar/ in fact= de hecho
linking word= conjunción/ to reduce= reducir, disminuir/ slightly= ligeramente, un poco/
whereas= mientras, visto que/ stereotypes= estereotipos

* HOMEWORK
- Grammar Book. Pag. 232 & 233. Family and friends
- Student's Book. Pag. 137. exercise B
- Writting about Bilbao's Public Transport







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario